Access and Cost
Rooms are located at Dudley Private Hospital, Orange. Yes, there is a free hospital car park and on-street parking.
Yes, there are ramps and enough space available for wheelchairs inside the rooms.
Yes, telehealth is available however in person face to face meeting is required before an operation to ensure clinical work-up is complete. We encourage our patients to bring a support person on the day if they desire.
- GP Referral
- Medical imaging results: x-ray, ultrasound, CT scans
- Results of blood tests and biopsies
- List of current medications and past medical history (if not on your GP referral)
- Medicare card, DVA Gold or White card, details of private health care, Work-cover documentation.
First consultation – the initial consultation can last from 30-60 minutes. It should be noted that private health funds do not contribute to consultation fees. Initial consultation fee- $150 (medicare rebate $76). Second appointment consultation fee- $100 (medicare rebate $23). No charge for DVA Gold card patients. Workcover patients are required to pay upfront and claim the fee back from Workcover. All consultation fees are to be settled on the day of consultation.
Informed financial consent will be obtained from all patients prior to their procedure. All surgical fee’s are explained and quoted at the initial consultation.
The cost of the Thrive Surgical program includes covering the surgeon, assistant surgeon and anaesthetist fee’s, 6 dietician appointments & 6 appointments with your doctor in the initial 12 months following surgery.
Program Costs with Health Fund
|Thrive Surgical program cost||$5,500|
|Medicare rebate||$200 approximately|
|Health fund contribution||In-hospital surgical costs are invoiced directly to your health fund.|
Program Costs without Health Fund
|Thrive Surgical program cost||$7,500|
|Hospital costs (dependant upon hospital location) approximately||$12,000-$16000 (additional fees may apply for any extra nights or consumables used)|
|Medicare rebate||$1,200 approximately|
- $250 non-refundable deposit is paid at the time of booking your surgery date. This is in addition to the program cost.
- Thrive Surgical program payment is required 14 days prior to surgery date.
Private Health Fund cover check, please quote these Medicare Benefit Schedule (MBS) item codes-
- Sleeve gastrectomy- 31575
- Gastric bypass- 31572
- Gastric band removal – 31584
- Gall bladder removal- 30445
- Hiatus Hernia repair- 31468